Welcome to We Are Vocal – bringing voice to the spoken word
Though we perhaps haven’t been able to travel to the USA as much as we might have liked in the past year, this spoken word show is just the transportation needed to become immersed in current American Life. From baseball to outer space, this lively event features performance artists, playwrights, composers, musical theatre performers, emerging talent, gender-driven narratives, singers, fantasy, drama, comedy, tragedy, jazz, opera, hip-hop and American art; creators from across the 52 states who are bringing their thought-provoking narratives on travel sustainability and diversity to the small UK screen.Conde Naste Traveller – Style and Culture
Mercury’s Wake – the journey continues
Our listeners are our supporters
Featuring over twenty American artists representing works from performance art to play, jazz opera, dramatic process, young adult outreach, incubator works, sci-fi, comedy and song.
We Are Vocal – talent
- John K
- A Story About Reading a Book
- In the Moon Room
- Scenes from Cooperstown – a jazz opera by Sasha Matson
- A Branch of Frangipani–a stage director prepares Willy Holtzman’s play, The First Mrs. Rochester
- Getting Ready With Bear Princess
- She Said
- Lawd Ham Mercy
- What the Fleck?
- Rap O’Shanter
- The Sound of My Grandmother’s Voice
- Never Say …
- What’s my book about? (with Wayne Peet)
- Dr. Bradley’s Fabulous Functional Narcissism — The Psychoanalytic Odyssey of a Once Glorified Chorus Boy
From baseball to outer space, American [in] Tent revue show is a lively event chock-a-block with all sorts of perspectives on current American life. Our Tent features performance artists, playwrights, composers, musical theatre performers, emergent talent, gender-driven narratives, singers, fantasy, drama, comedy, tragedy, jazz, opera, hip-hop and American art.
Our creators are from all over the United States. Dip into our menu of works which are upcoming on the festival scene. We are dedicated to artists as thought leaders, bringing voice to spoken word, travel sustainability and diversity.
The American [in]Tent is a collective of artists interested in speaking to the American narrative who honour the diversity and positive inclusion while freely exploring everything that ails them.The New Current – Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2021
We Are a location for collaboration around the practice of writing, performing and producing exceptional words, pictures, sounds and performances.
We are where we are and you are where you are – join us.
* an expanding group of artists promoting diversity and positive inclusion while freely exploring everything that ails us.
* using Spoken Word toward artful engagement and learning, meanwhile reducing negative impact on the environment.
* seeking fruitful cultural exchange and greater global awareness.
* exploring ways to ensure that even in the darkest of times, the artist’s voice is heard.
On the move, in your hand, on your desk and forever with you.
You can listen to We Are Vocal wherever you are, whenever you want and with whomever you please.